Writer to write polygonal data in Wavefront OBJ format. Written files contain the geometry including lines, triangles and polygons. Normals and texture coordinates on points are also written if they exist. This version is used when running in parallel. It gathers data to first node and saves one file.
- Select the cell data arrays to pass through
- Explicitly choose which arrays to write.
- Select the edge data arrays to pass through
- Select the field data arrays to pass through
- The name of the file to be written.
- The suffix to append to the file name when writing files at different timesteps. (File extensions such as .vtk should be excluded.) The % format specifiers are used. For example, _%d will write files as FileName_0, FileName_1, FileName_2, etc., and _%.3d will write files as FileName_000, FileName_001, FileName_002 etc.
- The input filter/source whose output dataset is to written to the file.
- In parallel runs, this writer can consolidate output from multiple ranks to a subset of ranks. This specifies the number of ranks that will do the final writing to disk. If **NumberOfIORanks** is 0, then all ranks will save the local data. If set to 1 (default), the root node alone will write to disk. All data from all ranks will be gathered to the root node before being written out.
- Select the point data arrays to pass through
When **NumberOfIORanks** is greater than 1 and less than the number of MPI ranks, this controls how the ranks that write to disk are determined. This also affects which ranks send data to which rank for IO.
In **Contiguous** mode (default), all MPI ranks are numerically grouped into **NumberOfIORanks** groups with the first rank in each group acting as the root node for that group and is the one that does IO. For example, if there are 16 MPI ranks and NumberOfIORanks is set to 3 then the groups are [0 - 5], [6 - 10], [11 - 15] with the first rank in each group 0, 6, and 15 doing the IO.
In **RoundRobin** mode, the grouping is done in round robin fashion, thus for 16 MPI ranks with NumberOfIORanks set to 3, the groups are [0, 3, …, 15], [1, 4, …, 13], [2, 5, …, 14] with 0, 1 and 2 doing the IO.
- Select the row data arrays to pass through
- Select the vertex data arrays to pass through
- When WriteTimeSteps is turned ON, the writer is executed once for each timestep available from its input.
- Returns cell data information
- Returns field data information
- Returns point data information
- dictionary for instance variables (if defined)
- list of weak references to the object (if defined)
Initialize = aInitialize(self, connection=None, update=True)
- Called when the filename of a source proxy is changed.
- Returns the associated cell data information.
- GetDataInformation(self, idx=None)
- This method returns a DataInformation wrapper around a vtkPVDataInformation
- Returns the associated cell data information.
- Returns the associated point data information.
- UpdatePipeline(self, time=None)
- This method updates the server-side VTK pipeline and the associated data information. Make sure to update a source to validate the output meta-data.
- This method updates the meta-data of the server-side VTK pipeline and the associated information properties
- __getitem__(self, idx)
- Given a slice, int or string, returns the corresponding output port
- GetProperty(self, name)
- Given a property name, returns the property object.
- GetPropertyValue(self, name)
- Returns a scalar for properties with 1 elements, the property itself for vectors.
- InitializeFromProxy(self, aProxy, update=True)
- Constructor. Assigns proxy to self.SMProxy, updates the server object as well as register the proxy in _pyproxies dictionary.
- Returns a list of all property names on this proxy.
- SetPropertyWithName(self, pname, arg)
- Generic method for setting the value of a property.
- Destructor. Cleans up all observers as well as remove the proxy from the _pyproxies dictionary
- __eq__(self, other)
- Returns true if the underlying SMProxies are the same.
- __getattr__(self, name)
- With the exception of a few overloaded methods, returns the SMProxy method
- Return hash(self).
- __init__(self, **args)
- Default constructor. It can be used to initialize properties by passing keyword arguments where the key is the name of the property. In addition registrationGroup and registrationName (optional) can be specified (as keyword arguments) to automatically register the proxy with the proxy manager.
- Creates an iterator for the properties.
- __ne__(self, other)
- Returns false if the underlying SMProxies are the same.
- __setattr__(self, name, value)
- Implement setattr(self, name, value).
add_attribute(self, name, value)
For the full list of servermanager proxies, please refer to Available readers, sources, writers, filters and animation cues